$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that!
Role: Gameplay Engineer
Gameplay Programmers are versatile generalists who focus on game strategy and the "feel" of a game. However, they will inevitably be involved with the more specialized areas of the game's development, such as graphics and sound. Gameplay programmers may implement strategy tables, tweak input code, or adjust other factors that alter the game.
• Bring the vision of the artists and designers to life
• Design and write the code that runs and controls the game, incorporating and adapting existing libraries and writing custom code as needed
• Rapidly prototype new mechanics to prove designs and iterate on mechanics.
• Design, architect and document technical designs for Gameplay systems.
• Develop tools and workflows to efficiently produce new game features.
• Work with a proprietary engine to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine.
Required Technical Skills and Experience
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
• Experience architecting and/or implementing A.I., character control, path finding, multiplayer, or other gameplay-related systems
• Demonstrated knowledge of good software programming practices
• Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles
• Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills – must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them
• Excellent debugging skills and experience using tools to help debug
• Understand performance implication of Gameplay systems & algorithms and how to optimize.
Additional Skills (Preference to candidates with these skills)
• Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games
• Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua, Ruby) and interpreted languages (C#, Java)
• Experience in a second field, such as physics or mathematics
• Experience with basic game development technologies such as Perforce, Visual Studio, etc.
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent decision making capabilities
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
• Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
• One team mentality.
Valid Through: 2019-10-21