Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
As a member of the Security & Risk Management team, help managing and reducing securityrisks by providing technical security expertise, focusing mainly on games related projects.
- Act as a key contact and technical expert regarding security matters related to all game security;
- Develop and manage game security guidelines, evaluate and participate in the implementation of security protections with Ubisoft developer teams;
- Perform code securityaudits (planned or randomly, black-box, grey-box and white-box) in order to detect security weaknesses, prioritize correctives measures and assist development teams in fixing those issues;
- Ensure prevention and good management of technical, legal and human security-related risks caused by Ubisoft business activity. More specifically, ensure reviews and propose improvements to security policies, guidelines and standards with a global mindset taking into consideration all Ubisoft offices;
- Communicate with efficiency while delivering security needs and validating with project owners/stakeholders that those security needs are in place;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Sciences or any related discipline is an asset;
- Master’s Degree in Computer Sciences is a plus.
- 3 to 5+ years in development, debugging or reverse-engineering C, C++, assembly, Windowsinternals, web development (PHP, Flash, etc.) and scripting (Powershell, Python, etc.).
- Experience related to security development lifecycle, SDL threat modeling tools;
- 2 to 3+ years in information security field or relevant experience;
- Security savvy
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Autonomous and result-oriented
- Ability to understand and adapt solutions to business requirements
- Pragmatic and curious
- Adapt quickly to change
- Bring a positive, team-oriented attitude
- English is required (oral/written)
- French is an asset
- Strong knowledge of: game protection technologies, gaming technologies and game design, code obfuscation, debugging, virtualization technologies, tamper proofing and watermarking
- Good understanding of common vulnerabilities and security issues in online games as well as game services (Core Architecture, Networking Models, etc…)
- Good knowledge of binary protection systems: breaking and bypassing them
- Strong knowledge of static and dynamic analysis (IDA/x64dbg, etc…)
- Good knowledge of C/C++
- Good knowledge of Compilers and Linkers, COFF/PE/ELF Binary Formats
- Good knowledge of Operating System Internals (Windows/Linux)
- Malware analysis knowledge is an asset