We are seeking full-time Genetic Curation Scientists to work at our offices in Temple City, CA and Atlanta, GA. Working as a Genetic Curation Scientist at Fulgent Genetics you’ll be at the heart of clinical genetic testing – this is where the rubber meets the road! We have a fast-growing team involved in the reporting of genetic variants that is looking for the right people to jump in and get involved in a fast-paced laboratory.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Work in conjunction with laboratory director to classify genetic variations and draft clinical lab report according to ACMG guideline
- Review literature and databases to evaluate gene-disease association
- Review and update genetic variations based on new information
- Work with bioinformatics team to improve pipeline
- Support Client Services Department and Laboratory Genetic Counselors to respond to client requests for information on the interpretation of variants
- Proven ability to critically read and interpret scientific literature
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and efficient work habits
- Excellent communication (oral and written)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Human Genetics, or appropriately-related field, or Masters of Genetic Counseling with strong molecular genetics background or previous DNA sequencing reporting experience.
- Familiarity with Mendelian genetics and a thorough knowledge of molecular genetics.