Genetic Counselor - RT
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
Genetic Counselor who has set up a new program for Pediatrics and Adults
We are a 464-bed acute-care hospital with more than 1550 employees providing medical, surgical, obstetrical, oncology, pediatric, trauma and emergency services for every stage of life, from its very beginnings through every phase of childhood and adulthood. Our combination of advanced medical technologies, highly trained personnel, and compassionate commitment has led to many "firsts" and "onlys." You will have the ability to practice your specialty in an exciting, stable, challenging and supportive setting.
The Genetic counselor interprets family history information and educates patients and professionals about genetic diseases. Genetic counselors help individuals and families understand and adjust to a genetic diagnosis or the possibility of having a hereditary disorder. As specialized counselors, they help them understand genetic testing options and the implications of undergoing genetic testing, as well as address psychosocial and ethical issues associated with a genetic disorder or genetic test result.
1. Masters of Science in Genetic Counseling or related field
2. Graduate from an Accredited Program/ 1year counseling Pediatric and Adult Patients
3. Board Certified in Genetic Counseling
4. BLS/ACLS Certification at hire
5. PALS within 180 days of hire
6. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.