When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we're creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it's reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 20 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 15+ million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry is seeking a Genetic Communication Scientist to join our DNA team. We are mounting a major effort to use genomics to shed light on human diversity, origins, relationships, and human health. This position will focus on our development and communication of information related to each of these fields.
What You Will Do
- Research genetic topics and write content that is accurate, clear, and appeals to a broad audience.
- Create content to communicate information to the general population concerning what personalized genomics can tell customers about themselves.
- Define principles and guidelines to insure accuracy and comprehension of the reported information, while maintaining an engaging and educational experience for the customer.
- Develop and iterate upon ways to convey residual risk, uncertainties, evolution of knowledge, heritability and association vs causation.
Who You Are
- You have a minimum of 5 years' experience in communicating science to patients/doctors and the general public
- Have a Ph.D. in a biological science.
- Sufficient scientific background to be able to fact check copy from a wide variety of departments
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams as a strong team player as well as independently.