The Interest Rates and FX division at INTL FCStone Markets, LLC is a diverse business that covers advisory services for a global clientele, high volume institutional FX trading, interest rates derivatives, and customized rates & FX trading solutions. Our clients include hedge funds, banks and other financial institutions, corporate hedgers, and independent brokers. The FX Systems Operations Manager will be responsible for streamlining all operational and performance measurement activities, including straight-through processing, cash accounting, P&L tracking, revenue and transaction cost analysis, settlements, and general efficiency.
- Works closely with management to define and implement Performance Measurement objectives
- Collaborates directly with other firm resources including Core IT, Accounting, Backoffice/Operations, and Risk/Compliance to accomplish goals. Serves as an internal advocate for the Business Unit, and will often function as a Project Manager on cross-functional initiatives.
- Oversees and maintains general maintenance of all technology-related functions within the group
- Continually seeks process improvements across all group activities with an emphasis on automating manual processes
- 5+ years of experience in FX systems operations at a bank or trading firm
- Some proficiency programming in Java, C# or Python and willingness to learn new languages as necessary
- Strong background in FX trading and market-making fundamentals including spot FX, OTC forwards, futures, and options.
- Experience with and working knowledge of:
- FIX Protocol connections/mapping
- FX platforms & ECN's
- Strong understanding of portfolio reconciliation techniques and best practices
- Experience with trading firm accounting and P&L capture
- Entrepreneurial mindset, willing to help propel the business forward with new ideas and the ability to execute them
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work with management, trading teams, external partners and clients, and other key stakeholders
- Experience with TwoFour, Murex, Integral, and other FX software solutions is strongly preferred