The Funeral Director/ Embalmer is accountable for performing a variety of tasks during the preparation, planning, and execution of the funeral and memorialization process to ensure services run smoothly and that the expectations of our client
families and their guests are exceeded.
- Ensures that client families are presented with all
merchandizing and service options available.
- Coordinates all service arrangements and details with clergy,
other presiding persons, fraternal or military organizations, and others
who may participate in conducting the funeral service.
- Prepares and embalms the deceased for interment, cremation,
or other disposition in conformity with legal requirements and with the
utmost respect and dignity.
- Properly and safely utilizes embalming instruments and
machinery in accordance with company guidelines.
- Utilizes personal protective equipment and adheres to
relevant operational and safety procedures.
- Dresses, applies cosmetics, and performs casketing duties.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts visitations and services.
- Places casket or remains in visitation area, adjusts light
fixtures, and arranges or supervises arrangement of flowers or plants to
comply with client family wishes.
- Directs and usher families and service attendees to and from
the location of the funeral service.
- Supervises and assists in the transportation of client
families to ensure a timely departure and arrival.
- Arranges and coordinates shipment or transportation of
remains to and from other cities and locations.
- Degree in Mortuary Science or
currently pursuing required.
- 2 years’ experience as a licensed
- Valid Florida State Funeral
Director/ Embalmer License.
- Valid state issued driver’s
license in good standing and acceptable driving record.
Carriage Services is a leading provider of professional funeral and cemetery services
and products in the United States. Headquartered in the vital, thriving city of
Houston, Texas, Carriage is reaching out to care for families in diverse
communities throughout the country. Carriage Services is changing the face of
the funeral and cemetery industry in the United States. We invite you to be a
part of this sweeping change. Carriage Services is an equal opportunity