The position will work to build and enhance relationships with constituents, including corporate and foundation prospects, for the purpose of increasing financialsupport to the College. This person will focus on qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, stewarding and engaging prospects with the goal of creating strategic proposals that align the prospects/benefactors interest with the College. This person shall be comfortable working with and soliciting high-level donors and supporters at the $50,000 and above level. This person must be technologically savvy and understand how to leverage their resources to reach all levels of donors on a local and national basis.
- Bachelor?s Degreerequired, preferably in marketing, public relations, communications, business, finance or related field.
- Master?s Degree, LawDegree, or Financial Planning Certificate preferred.
- 3+ years of fundraising experience directly soliciting gifts and closing gifts required.
- Experience with various types of planned giving instruments preferred.
- Experience in prospect research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and a sound working knowledge of fund raising and matters relating to philanthropy.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, initiative and independence in carrying out responsibilities, excellent organizational and planning skills, and the ability to work as a team member.
- Must also be detail-oriented, committed to maintaining confidentiality, and possess a high degree of accuracy in records management.
- Required computer skills include experience with word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
Job Type: Full-time