Fundraising Campaign Manager
Responsible for managing and implementing the Students of the Yearcampaignto achieve and exceed revenue goals for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) in support of LLS’ mission, within the chapter's chartered area.
Reports to: Campaign Director
Supervises: May supervise assigned staff
Additional Position Information
One of LLS’s newest and most excitingcampaigns isStudents of theYear. Philanthropic and passionate young adult high school candidates engage in an exciting competition to earn The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) "Student of theYear" title by raising funds for LLS blood cancer research. The Campaign Manager will beresponsible for the development and execution of theStudent of theYear (SOY)campaign, as well asother assignedevents within the specialevents department.
- Implements organizational best practices with regard to recruiting and managing high level volunteers, revenue generation activities, expense and fiscal controls and marketing/promotions and logistics resulting in chapter revenue growth and achievement of revenue goals.
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for volunteer leadership and participants to develop and achieve personal fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Identify, cultivate and lead campaign volunteers/donors/teams/participants by developing and implementing campaign appropriate strategies and relationship cultivation activities for successful recruitment, acknowledgement and retention of volunteers/donors/teams/participants
- Works with all candidates on an individualized fundraising plan development and implementation targeting candidate resources. (Strategies may include letter appeals, online fundraising pages, auction item solicitation and 3rd party events.)
- Offers superior customer service to candidates, candidate teams and candidate parents, responding to requests within a 24 hour time period and communicating consistently with all volunteers throughout the campaign.
- Ensure revenue goals are attained by partnering with chapter leadership to identify, recruit, manage and steward volunteer committees and fundraising campaign participants.
- Act as an on-site manager during the campaign fundraising event, overseeing activities, staff, vendors, and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants, and resolutions of problems.
- Manages and ensures the development of all materials required for the successful implementation of SOY; including, but not limited to recruitment packets, invitations, posters, candidate fundraising materials, motivational materials, etc.; as well as website
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of the mission of LLS and its programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years fundraising, communications, sales, marketing, event planning experience
- Previous experience as a Campaign Specialist
- Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy, advocacy and research
- Able to supervise groups of employees and volunteers
- Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Travel within the Chapter's designated area.
- Required to work evenings or weekends.