Fundraising Campaign Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Life Sciences & Research
More information about this job
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Responsible for managing the North Texas Chapter, (Fort Worth), Light The Night (LTN) Walk to exceed revenue goals. Light The Night is a two-mile fundraising walk to celebrate and commemorate lives touched by blood cancers.
Reports to: Campaign Director or Executive Director
Supervises: May supervise assigned LTN staff.
- Manage all aspects of the Fort Worth Light The Night Walk.
- Manage budget and control expenses to effectively meet or exceed a revenue budget.
- Effectively recruit and manage past and new fundraising teams and sponsors. Analyze new business opportunities that may lead to donor and sponsor expansion.
- Identify, build and cultivate relationships with corporate entities and community leaders to promote sponsorship growth and corporate / community partnerships.
- Ensure growth of the Light The Night Campaign through motivation of participants and implementation of key fundraising elements.
- Work collaboratively with all departments across the chapter in order to achieve desired fundraising goals.
- Support staff or additional campaigns as needed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS’s mission and programs to promote the Society’s fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years fundraising, communications, sales, marketing experience with an emphasis on fundraising / team management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively.
- Demonstrates professional maturity and judgment.
- Ability to work with different leadership styles and personalities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Travel within the Chapter's designated area.
- May be required to work some evenings or weekends