Responsible for managing the Light The Night (LTN) Walk in the Massachusetts outlying markets to exceed revenue goals. Light The Night is a two-mile fundraising walk to celebrate and commemorate lives touched by blood cancers.
Reports to: Campaign Director
Supervises: May supervise assigned LTN staff.
- Manage all aspects of the Massachusetts walks in the outlying markets and assist with the Boston walk.
- Manage budget and control expenses to effectively meet or exceed a revenue budget of $450,000 in fiscal year2018.
- Effectively recruit and manage past and new fundraising teams and sponsors. Analyze new business opportunities that may lead to donor and sponsor expansion.
- Identify, build and cultivate relationships with corporate entities and community leaders to promote sponsorship growth and corporate / community partnerships.
- Ensure growth of the Light The Night Campaign through motivation of participants and implementation of key fundraising elements.
- Work collaboratively with all departments across the chapter in order to achieve desired fundraising goals.
- Support staff on additional chapter campaigns to include Man Woman of The Year and Students of The Year.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS’s mission and programs to promote the Society’s fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years fundraising, communications, sales, marketing experience with an emphasis on fundraising / team management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively.
- Demonstrates professional maturity and judgment.
- Ability to work with different leadership styles and personalities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Travel within the Chapter's designated area.
- May be required to work some evenings or weekends
Job ID 2017-2749