Responsible for managing and implementing the Massachusetts chapter's Man Woman of the Yearcampaign to achieve and exceed revenue goals for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) in support of LLS’ mission.
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director
Supervises: May supervise assigned staff
Additional Position Information
The Massachusetts chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society seeks a Campaign Manager to lead their annual Man & Woman of theYear (MWOY)campaign. Man & Woman of theYear is a 10 week fundraisingcampaignthat takes place each spring. The revenue goal for FY '17 is $600,000.
- Oversee all aspects of Man & Woman of the Yearcampaign.
- Implement organizational best practices with regard to recruiting and managing high level volunteers, revenue generation activities, expense and fiscal controls and marketing/promotions and logistics resulting in chapter revenue growth and achievement of revenue goals.
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising goals, budget recommendations, vendors, volunteer goals, timelines,.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, overall success of the campaign and suggest improvements.
- Ensure revenue goals are attained by partnering with chapter leadership to identify, recruit, manage and steward volunteer committees and fundraising campaign participants.
- Act as an on-site manager during the campaign fundraising event, overseeing activities, staff, vendors, and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants, and resolutions of problems.
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for volunteer leadership and participants to develop and achieve personal fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Manage and act as a resource to Campaign Specialists and Campaign Assistants relating to their fundraising campaigns and efforts, as well as provide input for hiring, promotion, performance, termination of those supervised.
- Supervise and train campaign staff in campaign best practices with an emphasis on volunteer development and fundraising.
- Identify, cultivate and lead campaign volunteers/donors/teams/participants by developing and implementing campaign appropriate strategies and relationship cultivation activities for successful recruitment, acknowledgement and retention of volunteers/donors/teams/participants
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups, schools, and key donors to engage their support of LLS fundraising campaign(s).
- Connect with vendors to secure the best rate or donation of services needed for the campaign(s).
- Develop/modify marketing materials (brochures, recruitment, promotional flyers, pledge forms) to promote the fundraising campaign.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years fundraising, sales, business development experience
- Previous experience as a Campaign Specialist
- Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy, advocacy and research
- Able to supervise groups of employees and volunteers
- Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Travel within the Chapter's designated area.
- Required to work evenings or weekends.