More information about this job
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Summary: One of LLS’s newest and most exciting campaigns is Student of the Year. Philanthropic and passionate young adult high school candidates engage in an exciting competition to earn The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) "Student of the Year" title by raising funds for LLS blood cancer research. The Campaign Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of the Student of the Year (SOY) campaign, as well as other assigned events within the special events department. In FY16 Student of the Year generated almost $600,000 and was the highest revenue generating SOY campaign in the country.
Reports to: Executive Director or Assigned Staff
Supervises: May supervise assigned staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements organizational best practices with regard to recruiting and managing high level volunteers, revenue generation activities, expense and fiscal controls and marketing/promotions and logistics resulting in chapter revenue growth and achievement of revenue goals.
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for volunteer leadership and participants to develop and achieve personal fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising goals, budget recommendations, vendors, volunteer goals, and timelines.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, overall success of the campaign and suggest improvements.
- Identify, cultivate and lead campaign volunteers/donors/teams/participants by developing and implementing campaign appropriate strategies and relationship cultivation activities for successful recruitment, acknowledgement and retention of volunteers/donors/teams/participants
- Works with all candidates on an individualized fundraising plan development and implementation targeting candidate resources. (Strategies may include letter appeals, online fundraising pages, auction item solicitation and 3rd party events.)
- Offers superior customer service to candidates, candidate teams and candidate parents, responding to requests within a 24 hour time period and communicating consistently with all volunteers throughout the campaign.
- Ensure revenue goals are attained by partnering with chapter leadership to identify, recruit, manage and steward volunteer committees and fundraising campaign participants.
- Act as an on-site manager during the campaign fundraising event, overseeing activities, staff, vendors, and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants, and resolutions of problems.
- Manage and act as a resource to Campaign Specialist and Campaign Assistants relating to their fundraising campaigns and efforts, as well as provide input for hiring, promotion, performance, termination of those supervised.
- Supervise and train campaign staff in campaign best practices with an emphasis on volunteer development and fundraising.
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups, schools, and key donors to engage their support of LLS fundraising campaign(s).
- Manages and ensures the development of all materials required for the successful implementation of SOY; including, but not limited to recruitment packets, invitations, posters, candidate fundraising materials, motivational materials, etc.; as well as website
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of the mission of LLS and its programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years fundraising, communications, sales, marketing experience with an emphasis on fundraising / team management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively.
- Demonstrates professional maturity and judgment.
- Ability to work with different leadership styles and personalities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Travel within the Chapter's designated area.
- May be required to work some evenings or weekends.