Responsible for managing and implementing Student Series in the Charlotte office of the North Carolina chapter to achieve and exceed revenue goals for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS)in support of LLS' mission, within the region and/or chapter's chartered area.
Reports to: Executive Director or assigned staff
Supervises: May supervise assigned staff
Additional Position Information
The Charlotte office, North Carolina chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society seeks a Fundraising Campaign Manager to lead Student Series for the Charlotte area. Student Series is a series of service learning, character education and philanthropy programs where students gain the unique experience of helping thousands of people in their fight against blood cancers. The primary focus for this position will be Pennies for Patients, a service learning, character education, and philanthropy program where students gain the unique experience of helping thousands of children and adults in their fight against blood cancers like leukemia. As children move through their years at school, they can grow with Student Series and have an even greater impact on the lives of patients. More than 14.5 million students and 850,000 educators in 28,000 schools across the U.S. participate annually. Since its beginning, students have raised more than $288 million to fund breakthrough therapies and patient services. By participating, not only will kids learn about making an impact, but about leadership, teamwork, philanthropy and what "doing good" for others can mean.
- Implement organizational best practices with regard to recruiting and managing high level volunteers, revenue generation activities, expense and fiscal controls and marketing/promotions and logistics resulting in chapter revenue growth and achievement of revenue goals.
- Oversee all aspects of Student Series for the Charlotte office.
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the fundraising campaign, including fundraising goals, budget recommendations, vendors, volunteer goals, timelines,.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising campaign, including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, overall success of the campaign and suggest improvements.
- Ensure revenue goals are attained by partnering with chapter leadership to identify, recruit, manage and steward volunteer committees and fundraising campaign participants.
- Act as an on-site manager during the campaign fundraising event, overseeing activities, staff, vendors, and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants, and resolutions of problems.
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for volunteer leadership and participants to develop and achieve personal fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Manage and act as a resource to Campaign Specialists and Campaign Assistants relating to their fundraising campaigns and efforts, as well as provide input for hiring, promotion, performance, termination of those supervised.
- Supervise and train campaign staff in campaign best practices with an emphasis on volunteer development and fundraising.
- Identify, cultivate and lead campaign volunteers/donors/teams/participants by developing and implementing campaign appropriate strategies and relationship cultivation activities for successful recruitment, acknowledgement and retention of volunteers/donors/teams/participants
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups, schools, and key donors to engage their support of LLS fundraising campaign.
- Connect with vendors to secure the best rate or donation of services needed for the campaign.
- Develop/modify marketing materials (brochures, recruitment, promotional flyers, pledge forms) to promote the fundraising campaign.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years fundraising, communications, sales, marketing, event planning experience
- Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy, advocacy and research
- Able to supervise groups of employees and volunteers
- Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Travel within the Chapter's designated area.
- Required to work evenings or weekends.
- Prioritize Research Programs: Pro-actively direct Grant and TAP programs to address specific research gaps and medical needs.
- Drive Advocacy & Policy Agenda: Develop a coordinated advocacy network and a robust internal policy capability that, together, can influence and educate key policy decision makers on priority access issues to break down barriers.
- Maximize Patient Impact: Reach more patients and have greater impact through improved efficiency, urgency and effectiveness of support, education, and information delivery.
- Increase Awareness: Raise LLS brand awareness and engagement to drive revenue & establish LLS as the leading cancer organization driving cures & access.
- Improve Net Profitability: Maximize net income from existing channels through prioritization, organizational alignment and optimization of resources.
- Diversify Revenue: Identify and develop high-growth, high-margin revenue opportunities focusing on volunteer initiatives, eRevenue, donor development and new partner development.
- Enhance Organizational Performance: Assess resources, improve productivity and optimize organizational capacity.