Fundraising Campaign Director
Responsible for managing and implementing the Washington, DC Light the Night Walk ($1.8 Million) and oversee logistics for all three National Capital Area walks. Director is responsible for meeting and exceeding revenue goals for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) in support of LLS’ mission, within National Capital Area Chapter.
Reports to: Sr. Director, Corporate Development
Supervises: Will supervise assigned staff
- Implement the comprehensive strategic plan for assigned fundraising campaigns which includes organizational best practices, specific revenue and expense budget, timeline, logistics, volunteer activities and recruitment, marketing, logistics and sponsorship plan for each event.
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for volunteer leadership and participants to develop and achieve personal fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Implement organizational best practices with regard to recruiting and managing high level volunteers, revenue generation activities, expense and fiscal controls and marketing/promotions and logistics resulting in chapter revenue growth and achievement of revenue goals.
- Responsible for supervising and training campaign and support staff in the delivery of special events.
- Identify target audiences and build appropriate recruitment and fundraising strategies to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain and upgrade event donors/participants.
- Utilize proven promotional activities ensuring the success of events and to enhance public awareness of LLS and its mission.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, and overall success of the campaign.
- Ensure media, material, in-kind and cash sponsorships are secured through a coordinated plan that includes proposal development, prospect identification, cultivation, retention and recognition.
- Manage campaign materials required for the successful implementation of assigned special events including recruitment/promotional flyers and brochures, invitations, posters, training materials, pledge retrieval or motivational materials, etc.
- Assist, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other chapter activities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6 years fundraising, sales, marketing, communications, event planning experience
- Previous experience as a Campaign Manager
- Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy & advocacy and research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
- Strong background in volunteer recruitment, management and cultivation
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Highly organized and professional demeanor.
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem solving acumen.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Travel up to 20%.
- Required to work evenings or weekends.