As part of a mission centric, locally delivered and nationally powered organization this role serves as an innovative fundraising and sales leader who is responsible for new business development for all revenue streams in designated market area, strategic high-impact fundraising activities, corporate development, mission integration, and volunteer management. The Business Development & Partnership Director is responsible for multi-market collaboration to maximize fundraising opportunities. Relentlessly pursuing cancer cures.
Additional Position Information
Key Relationships: Reports to: Executive DirectorSupervises: Individual ContributorLeads: Volunteer leaders
Work in partnership with Education, Services and Health Research department to effectively communicate the LLS overall mission, programs, resources and priorities. Responsible for organizing mission centered, local donor cultivation events and prospecting high-impact donors for national stewardship activities
Business & Corporate Development
- Responsible for Business Development fundraising revenue and P&L for market area.
- Responsible for generating and managing a corporate portfolio of 80-100 new and expandable prospects. Prospect with new corporate business partners within designated market area.
- Accountable for the creation and oversight for the business development revenue, expense budget, timeline and sponsorship plan.
- Collaborate with national shared services in the Corporate Development department and Territory Business Development Directors to identify and secure national partnerships
- Partner with high-impact volunteers to leverage corporate relationships and develop plans for engaging new corporate partners.
- Network for and develop relationships with strategic business professionals and volunteers.
- Innovation in High Impact Fundraising
- Direct fundraising activities with prospects by engaging national and local peer to peer fundraising events and mission fundraising.
- Collaborate with the Campaign Development Team to develop new business.
- Develop and write grant proposals for foundations, corporations and public agencies within the designated market area. Meets with those organizations that look most promising.
Perform other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree
- 7-8 years of business development or other related experience
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Local travel up to 30%
- Required to work some nights and weekends