Fund Development - Senior Director of Corporate Initiatives
As a leader on the Fund Development team, the Senior Director of Corporate Initiativesreports directly to the VP, Institutional Giving. She/he is responsible for working with corporations to support the mission of Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) through program support, philanthropic support, cause marketing, and sponsorships. The Senior Director will pursue corporate partnerships in certain assigned categories as well as manage relationships with these partners with assistance from a Partnerships Manager. The Senior Director will be responsible for developing effective corporate development strategies which includes research and prospecting; partner cultivation, solicitation, management and stewardship; proposal development; contract negotiation, development and execution; and management of recognition and benefits related to corporate partner commitments.
Take a moment read about the amazing work our Corporate Initiatives team is leading!
- Generate corporate partnerships that drive revenue, generate marketing exposure and other benefits for GSUSA and Girl Scouts movement specifically focused on national meeting sponsorships and investing in global work.
- Oversee execution of recognition and benefits related to corporate partner commitments including activation, signage, online and offline communication channels, and collateral materials.
- Work with internal representatives from Investor Services, Finance, Girl Experience/Global, Marketing, Legal, National Meetings and other departments to develop and execute corporate partnerships.
- Interact with GSUSA board members, senior leadership and council CEOs in cultivation of corporate partnerships.
- Solicit, cultivate, and steward prospective corporate partners in the 6-7 figure range to support GSUSA and the movement through sponsorships, program support, philanthropic support and cause marketing.
- Research prospective partners and identify prospective partners within certain assigned categories (i.e. financial literacy, STEM, outdoors, leadership, entrepreneurship, technology, etc.).
- Work in conjunction with Partnerships Managers to ensure corporate partnerships are activated and renewed, relationships are managed, and proposals are realistic.
- Provide Council support as needed, consulting with them on corporate fundraising: specifically work closely with councils hosting upcoming G.I.R.L. 2020 convening.
- Develop the sponsorship prospectus and proposal budget.
- Collaborate with the program, marketing, communications, mission delivery and national meetings teams.
- Research, cultivate, and secure convention sponsors.