Job Posting DescriptionMarcum LLP is seeking a Senior Manager in our Accounting & Auditing department, specifically in the Fund Audit Practice. This position requires an entrepreneurial professional with a passion for exemplary client service.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Senior Manager will be the subject matter expert in our Fund Audit Services Niche, developing and maintaining productive working relationships with client personnel and assesses clients' satisfaction. Proactively maintains contact with the client throughout the year. Directs fieldwork daily, informs job managers of the engagement status, and manages staff performance. Adapts the audit approach to the changing client environment. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts and applies them to client situations. Possess an in-depth knowledge of the firm’s service offerings, developing long-term relationships, networks both internally and externally and generates new business opportunities.
- Responsible for all phases of an audit, compilation or review engagement as well as tax engagements.
- Maintains contact with clients throughout the year; possesses a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of client’s business.
- Plans, schedules and staffs engagements.
- Maintains a familiarity with qualifications of all staff members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
- Prepares for audit plans for regulated investment companies, planning risk assessment and review of work papers.
- Domestic and International equities, fixed income securities, derivatives and fund of funds client base.
- Tax provisions, federal tax returns and excise dividend calculations for mutual funds.
- Prepares engagement letters for approval by Partner.
- Evaluates internal controls and work programs prepared by staff.
- Adheres to engagement time budgets.
- Supervises staff and provides on-the-job training; reviews work papers and reports prepared by staff; conducts timely job performance reviews and provides performance feedback/training.
- Anticipates problem areas of engagement and questions that will arise.
- Keeps Partner informed of all important developments on engagement; analyzes problems and recommends solutions.
- Ensures that financial statements, tax returns and letters of recommendation are prepared in accordance with professional and Firm standards.
- Communicates progress of engagements, problems and resolutions to client.
- Fosters an efficient, innovative, and team-oriented work environment. Contribute ideas/opinions to the audit teams and listens/responds to other team members' views.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in performance reviews, encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team.
- Prepares invoices to clients, communicates details of fees to clients and assists in collection of overdue accounts.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the Firm’s philosophy and its opinions on client matters.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
- Understands the client's industry and recognizes key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments. Stays informed of general business/economic developments and their impact to the client.
- Uses technology to continually learn, shares knowledge with team members, and enhances service delivery.
- Participates in performing audit procedures, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized issues.
- Collaborates to plan engagement objectives and an audit strategy that complies with professional standards and appropriately addresses risk; monitors the engagement team's progress against the plan and alters plan when needed.
Education & Experience Required:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major required.
- Current and valid CPA license. Member in good standing with AICPA.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products as well as accounting and tax software.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in public accounting, demonstrating a proven progression in complexity, scope and number of engagements managed.
- Minimum of five (5) years as a subject matter expert with clients in the Fund Audit space.
- Advanced knowledge of Fund Audit Services, specifically attest and tax services for mutual funds, private investment funds and investment advisors.
- At least four years of experience supervising and directing the work of others.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedication to teamwork and leadership.
- Highly advanced technical skills in a variety of tax and accounting areas, along with well-developed and applied management and supervisory skills are required.
- Integrity within a professional environment.
- Assists in recruiting, developing training aids and acting as an instructor in professional development programs.
- Prepares other reports and projects as requested.
- Participates heavily in the Firm’s practice development efforts through involvement with referral sources, community and industry activities.
- Maintains an educational program to continually develop skills.
- Maintains cooperative relationships with other engagement teams.
- Frequent same day travel for work at client’s offices, meetings and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients, meetings or seminars using personal vehicle.
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January to April 15; may be in excess of 55 hours per week.
- Maintains a management level within the firm and keeps lead the staff though issues.
- Takes full responsibility for all engagements/projects they are assigned.
- Aids in mentoring and developing staff though guidance and examples.
- Assists with various administrative tasks assigned.
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Job Posting ResponsibilitiesMarcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.