The Client & Fund Reporting department has oversight responsibility over the financialreporting of the various limited partnerships in both the marketable securities and private equity strategies managed by TCW.
The Fund Accounting Officer will be an integral member within the Client and Fund Reporting group and will be responsible for working with various internal and external teams in ensuring the timely completion and reporting of various limited partnerships (LP's) and funds.
- Review and work with service providers in ensuring the timely completion of monthly and quarterly financial statement reporting of various LP's.
- Provide monthly capital flows to internal departments.
- Monitor KPI's and other key performance indicators for various partnerships.
- Collect and confirm performance reporting information.
- Review management fee and carried interest calculations for various LP’s. These include reading and interpreting partnership documents and provisions.
- Provide input on valuation of securities/holdings.
- Implement and document internal controls.
- Review and approve mailing of custodian statements as required under the SEC Custody Rule.
- Maintain and update various performance schedules.
- Review and approve distribution calculations for service providers.
- Review and approve fund expense payments.
- Review and approve monthly fund-level accounting data prior to investor statement creation.
- Complete quarterly and annual Form PF filing on behalf of the funds.
- Work with external auditors during the annual audit and taxprocesses.
- Conduct special ad-hoc projects and handle client requests as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Prior experience with a Big 4 accounting firm a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of financial accounting/reporting experience preferably within largeinvestment firms or financial institutions servicing Alternative products
- Knowledge of investment classes including valuation techniques
- Knowledge of various legal structures including Limited Partnerships, Separate accounts with varying partner classes
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills (must establish good working relationships with internal and external teams)
- Excellentorganizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize, multi-task, and consistently meet deliverables
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience with partnership fund accounting systems