About the Team
Master Custody: Fund Accounting
Master Custody provides a range of services to clients such as fund set-up, fund administration and reporting to centralize these functions to MHTNY. Core Master Custody Services include following products: Fund Accounting (FA), Fund of Funds (FOF) and Transfer Agency (TA) support the Master Custody business. Fund Accounting is responsible for calculating the Funds NAV’s either on a daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly basis.
Fund Accounting is responsible for calculating the Funds NAV’s either on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Day-to-day processing and checking the transaction activity for offshore mutual fund accounts that includes the inputting and reviewing the daily securities trades into the fund accounting system (MFACT) and generating and reviewing the daily, weekly, monthly accounting and valuation reports which are sent to the funds’ trustees and Japanese institutional investors.
- Handle fund accounting for a set group of funds.
- Interface/enter all capital stock transactions of each fund, as applicable.
- Interface/enter trade activity.
- Run/verify system processes (Accure Income , Amoritzation, Expenses, etc.)
- Perform position reconciliation to Investment Manager, Custodian, etc.
- Settle/receive cash and reconcile to custodian.
- Interface/enter security pricing on valuation days.
- Cash management to sub-custodian.
- Verify all transaction activity in Fund Accounting System (MFACT).
- Review exception report
- Analyze and report NAV of funds at the end of each fund cycle.
- Focus internally to solve any issues and inform Marketing of potential client questions.
- Perform second check of assigned funds.
- Corporate Action Monitoring and processing in MFACT.
- Liason between Investment Managers and Custody.
- Backup processing/checking of funds when needed.
- Ensure client/internal documents are placed in a secured location and prepared for shipping to offsite storage location periodically.
- Cross training
- Specific proficiencies : Multi Currency Funds, Multi Class, FX Currency Hedging, Corporate Bonds, ABS/MBS/CMBS, Futures,Swaps, Bank Loans
- Bachelor’s Degree: Accounting, Finance or Economics major is required.
- Knowledge of accounting for equity, fixed income, multi-currency, derivative and asset-backed securities.
- Prior experience with the fund accounting system MFACT is preferable.
- Experience with custody system (Global Plus) is a plus.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Word: Moderate Excel: Heavy
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
5+ years in Banking / Financial Services
5+ years Mutual Fund Accounting preferred