Accounting Manager/Officer, Real Estate Fund Controller Group
Become a leader within the Private Equity and Real Estate Fund Services business unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group. We are a team of dedicated accounting professionals who are passionate about delivering financialreporting and day-to-day accounting and administrative support to premier real estate fund clients.
Join this growing team that is passionate about building innovative solutions to revolutionize how State Street services our customers.
What Part Will You Play?
As an Officer you will partner with both client and internal personnel to establish the internal workflow and client deadlines while supervising staff members. Through continuous communications with clients and business partners, you will manage multiple functions including, but not limited to:
• Client deliverables such as financial statements, capital calls and distribution notices
• Quarterly and annual financial work paper packages including portfolio schedules, accruals and PCAP allocations.
• Monthly bank reconciliations and post journal entries.
• Quarterly management fee calculations.
• Various client related correspondence.
• Waterfall and capital account allocations.
• Coordinate the annual audit and tax return preparation with Big 4 accounting firms.
What Do We Need From You?
• A college degree (accounting preferred) and at least 5+ years of general ledger accounting or audit experience
• Experience in effectively leading teams and driving operational efficiencies.
• Previous Financial reporting experience
• Advanced Excel skills (advanced formulas, pivot tables, vlookup)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Property or Fund accounting experience
• CPA or actively pursuing CPA certification
• An understanding of how to navigate through limited partnership agreement
• Past experience leading verbal and written communications at senior levels with internal and external clients
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverables.