Private Equity Fund Services, Senior Associate
Are you ready to take your complex fund accounting skills to another level? State Street is the preeminent global administrator for Private Equity funds and enjoying a sustained period of growth, across all business lines. We are looking for exceptional individuals to help drive this continued success and contribute positively to our market leading position. This position has responsibility for managing the day to day accounting and administration offering for a portfolio of blue chip, alternative investment clients, including one of Wall Street’s largest firms.
The individual will be responsible for:
- Supervising lower level staff (namely Associate 1 & Associate 2, Staff)
- Managing internal workflow and client deadlines
- Managing client relationships & liaising with client personnel on a daily basis
- Maintaining good working relationship with all client contacts, including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers and banking personnel
- Reviewing quarterly and annual financial work paper packages including portfolio schedules, accruals and partner capital allocations
- Reviewing quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes and coordinating annual audits.
- Reviewing and/or preparing complex fee calculations, management fees, waterfall and capital account allocations etc.
- 6+ Years of total accounting experience
- 3+ years of relevant Private Equity or hedge fund accounting experience. Comprehensive understanding of private equity highly preferred
- Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously handle multiple assignments
- Excellent administrative and organizational with the proven ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverables
- Investran experience is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Manage workload, problem solving and priorities
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Mathematics/Finance or related field
- CPA designation a plus