Our client is seeking a Senior Fund Accountant to join its thriving Fund team.
This position requires specific knowledge of:
- Financial markets including an intermediate understanding of securities language and terminology
- Financial instruments including: total return swaps, interest rate swaps, mortgage-backed securities, municipal and corporate bonds, REPOs, futures, CFDs, equities, etc.
- The fund accounting lifecycle and the various operational functions required to strike a net asset value:
- creation and maintenance of securitymaster
- trade processing including processing of corporate actions
- cash, position and P&L reconciliation
- valuation of investments
- booking of fund operating expenses
- reconciliation of operational bank accounts
- calculation of investor-level fees including management and performance fees
- knowledge of investor performance calculations including highwater marks, hurdle rates, and crystallization of incentive fees
- preparation of financial statements and portfolio schedules
Training & Onboarding:
- assistance with onboarding of new launches and conversion clients
- evaluation of new processes for operational efficiency; coordination with other operational leads to implement new practices
- development of training documents, policies and procedures for complex asset classes
- Three or more years of experience in hedge fund administration and/or public accounting (audit or taxexperience in the hedge fund space)
- Hands on experience with fund accounting software including Geneva, FundCount, InvestOne, or VPM
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact both internally and externally in a professional manner with clients and colleagues
- CPA, CFA or MBApreferred but not required
At least 4 years of hedge fund accounting.