Position Objective and Overview:
Fund Accounting is responsible for all of the day-to-day accounting entries required to prepare NAV packages, monthly and quarterly investorreports, capital call statements, distributionnotices, and other client deliverables.Each member of Fund Accounting has a dedicated group of Funds that they are responsible for preparing with the assistance of their Analyst(s). Funds fall into one of four market sectors – Hedge Funds, Credit Funds, Private Equity Funds, and Real Estate Funds. The team will work closelywith Financial Control who will be responsible for providing final sign-off and review functionality. Fund Accounting also works closelywith Client Service Account Managers.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accurate and timely generation of client deliverables related to the NAV process including financial statements, investor statements, capital call notices, distributionnotices, and otherad-hocreporting as required.
- Create limited FS tables such as BS, IS, SOI, SCNA, etc.
- Interact directly with clients on weekly/monthly calls and ad-hoc as required.
- Coordinate with Client Service team to manage deadlines and client expectations.
- Work with members of the Financial Control, Client Service, Implementation, and Technology teams to streamline production and enhance policies and procedures.
- Ensure strong internal and external communications on status, issues, and expectations.
- Build relationships with responsive, confident communications and attention to detail.
- Self-review work prior to submitting for review.
- Participate in interactions with external SOC 1 and fund-client auditors.
Desired Experience, Education, and Qualifications and Must Haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or financepreferred, or commensurate work experience.
- 2+ years of accounting experience– preferably in the financial services industry, but not required.
- Direct fund administration experience, exposure to private equity, credit, and real estate funds and concepts is a plus.
- Must have the drive and personality to demonstrate ownership of assigned tasks as well as good client relationship and technical accounting skills.
- Must be deadline driven, attentive to detail, and able to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables.
- Strong Excel skills, good verbal and written communication skills and a strong proactive interest in learning and mastering new investment concepts, new accounting rules, and new service processes is required.
Cortland values intellectually curious professionals who are interested in aggressively learning and sharing new concepts and skills collegially and independently. Salary is based on experience, skill level and education for the target position.
Cortland Capital Market Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Fund Accounting: 2years
- Investment Calculations: 2years