Set against a Rocky Mountain backdrop in south-eastern Idaho, Pocatello Idaho is uniquely positioned as an emerging high-tech city heading into 2018’ thanks to Buchanan & Edwards and the FBI’s new $100 million-dollar high tech facility. Pocatello is the gateway to a number of beautiful outdoor attractions including Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Grand Targhee Ski Resort, Mesa Falls, Jackson Hole, Wyoming skiing, Sun Valley skiing, Craters of the Moon, Salt Lake City, World Famous Fly Fishing and Mountain bike trails. If you are looking for a career with a cutting-edge technology firm, an excellent quality of life, and outdoor adventure, we’d like to hear from you. For more information, please visit www.BEIDAHOJOBS.com
Our new Data Center Operations Support project will support the Department of Justice and the FBI in maintaining their current production private cloud and in developing a new data center design standard for a new multi-tenant private cloud to support DOJ wide data center consolidation. Areas of support include Windows, Linux, Storage, Security and Network Engineering as well as Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) operations and maintenance. Areas of focus include ensuring the FBI’s unclassified and classified computer systems are maintained in a secure, reliable manner with minimum disruption and productions systems shall have a 99% uptime. In addition, our team will work on new projects including data center consolidation, the implementation of a private on-premise cloud, a hybrid cloud, and deployments of new technologies across multiple enclaves.
The Functional Subject Matter Expert (Unix/Linux) CLIN 2 shall be responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base operating system, but for all support libraries, components and application dependencies.
- Engineer design, install, implement, and configure as well as provide ongoing support of the Unix/Linux Infrastructure.
- Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) for all Linux environments.
- Create and maintain bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate distribution of Linux and network configuration, using tools that include Satellite Server, Puppet, and BigFix.
- Provision/configure required software onto servers, such as web servers and databases.
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the Linux infrastructure.
- Monitor and correct critical server issues and create recovery processes for failures and performance bottlenecks.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Possess excellent knowledge base in DNS, DHCP, LDAP, SMTP, and integration with Windows and use that knowledge for problem resolution.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide 4th level support.
- Build new baselines with the appropriate security and access controls to include DISA STIGS and required security controls. Updated baselines will be required quarterly and new versions within 90 days of the manufacturer’s release to production and full DISA STIGS.
- Engineer multi factor authentication between Linux environments and the enterprise Windows infrastructure components.
- Engineer solutions for baselines to operate in full standalone mode, domain mode, and fully integrated mode for all classification levels and enclaves.
- Work with the developers to transition applications from one platform to another to include from physical to virtual and virtual to cloud.
- Work with security components to resolve any security findings or vulnerabilities and apply fixes or updates as well as solutions to achieve closure.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, and number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
- Integrate systems with Windows as it applies to authentication and core services dependencies such as single sign-on and Active Directory. Engineer and implement solutions for multi factor authentication with FBI standardized software and hardware.
- Document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
- Continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
- Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- 10+ years of experience
- Systems Engineer skill set with focus on Unix/Linux based systems such as Red Hat Linux, Solaris, SuSE, and CentOS
Minimum Education Required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred