The Functional Safety Engineer (FSE) joins the team at the center of the automotive safety culture. He/She will be a champion for the automotive functional safety lifecycle of projects.
- Analysis and defined functional safety requirements.
- Creates/contributes to functional safety concept and technical safety concept.
- Specifies HW safety requirements and SW safety Requirements.
- Collaborates with the design team in the design of effective technical solutions aimed to achieve adequate robustness at System, HW and SW architectural level in compliance with relevant functional safety standards.
- Contributes to the product development process, by creating the appropriate work products that meet the requirements of the relevant functional safety standards.
- Supports Safety Assessment Reviews held by safety assessor.
- Leads or participates in safety analysis processes (e.g. FMEAs, FTAs, FMEDAs, etc.)
- Supports the safety verification & validation activities.
- Supports customer review meetings.
- Tracks and documents necessary safety activities within a project as planned.
- Cooperates with the FSM and other FuSa resources in other sites or external contractors.
- Support Fault injection reports.
- Support Design engineering with impact analysis on design changes effects on functional safety and ensure that functional safety is maintained.
- 5+ years of experience in the semiconductor industry (e.g. design, test, quality); however, highly motivated, open-minded new starters are welcome as well
- BS/MS in natural science, Applied Physics, Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
- The successful candidate must have strong manufacturing and quality engineering skills, data analysis skills as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The reliable, accurate, and customer-oriented mindset with excellent skills in documentation systems
- Strong understanding of Functional Safety Standard ISO26262 and Automotive Engineering principles
- Experience with the creation of safety documents, (e.g., Safety Case, FMEA, FMEDA, and FTA)
- ISO26262 Certification
- Knowledge of Requirements Management tools
- Experience with Safety Analysis Tools
- Knowledge of the Products Development Life Cycle with respect to Systems, Electrical or Software Development.
- Good technical leadership, planning and organization skills.
- Self-motivated / self-starter with the ability to find creative solutions.
- Experience with automotive requirements (e.g. AEC, FMEA, Control Plan, PPAP, IAGT16949 and VDA 6.3 is a plus.
- Domestic and international travel will be required.
- USA (CA -Aliso Viejo, MI -Detroit, TX -Austin), Scotland (Edinburgh) or Germany (Dresden)