We are looking for ??Functional Safety Engineer for our client in Auburn Hills, MI
Job Title: Functional Safety Engineer
Job Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- 3years of experience in automotive electronic systems or related industry developing safety-critical requirements, software, or electronic hardware systems.
- Deep understanding of powertrain functions and Controls Algorithms focused on conventional combustion engines interfaces with transmissions
- 5years of experience in automotive electronic systems or related industry developing safety-critical requirements, software, or electronic hardware systems.
- ISO26262 certification
- Experience with risk analysis and fault tolerant redundancy architectures
- Preferred candidate will have experience with automotive functional safety.
- Trained in requirement management tools
Working experience with automotive development/calibration tools (ETAS, INCA, CDA, Vector, DOORS):
- Designing transmission diagnostics to support functional safety development for the applications using automatic transmissions
- Function as an extension of the transmission OBD diagnostic team and will be capable of performing all the required tasks required to develop and document the updates in implementation
- The Functional Safety Engineer is responsible for leading functional safety activity according to ISO26262 for projects.
- Act as the primary FuSi interface for transmission controls.
- Development of technical work products specific to functional safety, e.g. hazard and risk assessment, item definition, functional safety concept, technical safety concept, FTAs, DFMEAs, criticality analyses, other safety analyses, and test coverage analysis for safety requirements
- Support transmission diagnostic improvements, cost reduction efforts through control logic development and other quality initiatives.
- Support transmission calibration efforts by contributing to initial calibration guide development.
- Support software changes and verification for production.
- Support creation of component level diagnostic DVP tied to the documented requirements
- ETAS, INCA, CDA, Vector, DOORS
- Functional Safety