Job Title: Functional Safety Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
- Experience Level (Years): 6-9years
- The Functional Safety Engineer will work with a multidisciplinary team for production xEV programs and for advanced development of electrified powertrain architectures and systems.
- The applicant must have strong desire for implementing safety architecture into electrified powertrains.
- To achieve this, the Engineer will be involved with identifying the Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL) via hazard analysis, developing safety plans, safety cases, and otherISO26262 work products.
- The Engineer will participate in reviews of DFMEAs, common cause analyses, fault tree analysis and other functional safety related analyses.
- In addition the engineer will interface with other vehicle teams and suppliers.
- The candidate must have the desire to learn new processes and technologies.
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum 5years of experience within the area of functional safety
- Understanding of characteristics of IC engines, electric machines, drivetrains, power electronics, batteries, vehicle systems, and controls
- Working level Knowledge of C code/ Matlab/Simulink
- Good problem solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Master's degree in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- Solid design and analytical capability for hybrid electric powertrain design
- Training and work experience in automotive embedded systems and control systems
- Functional safety, ISO26262