Functional Safety Engineer
8 - 10 years experience • Commercial Transportation
Allison Transmission, the world's largest manufacturer of fully automatic transmissions for medium- and heavy-duty commercial vehicles, is seeking an experienced professional to fill a Functional Safety Engineer position. This individual will aid in the development and execution of the Allison functional safety process.
- Plan and coordinate functional safety activities during the development phase of the safety lifecycle.
- Maintain the safety plan and monitor activities toward the safety plan.
- Work to identify and to resolve safety issues identified during development
- Document and report safety plan progress to internal and external customers
- Perform Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessments to identify Automotive Safety Integrity Levels and Safety Goals.
- Generate safety cases, safety plans, and otherISO 26262 work products.
- Contribute to the generation of Fault Tree Analysis, DFMEA, and FMEDA.
- Represent Allison Transmission in discussions at technical conferences and symposia related to functional safety.
- Required - BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Computer Engineering
- Preferred - MS in related Engineering or Applied Physics field
- 10-15year of engineeringexperience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the area of functional safety
- Understanding of embedded control systems for vehicle propulsion systems.
- Proficiency in problem solving
- Proficiency in written and spoken business communication
- Proficiency in the use of electrical design and analysis tools
- Experience with heavy-duty vehicle applications
- Experience with C code/Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with medini analyze
As one of Indiana’s largest publicly-traded companies with its global headquarters in Speedway, Allison has a long and storied history – but is focused on the future and providing solutions for our customers. If you have the skills and experience we’re seeking and want to work in an environment where your contributions will be seen and make a difference, join Allison and be part of a company with people and products that improve the way the world works.
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.