The Functional Safety Engineer is responsible for leading functional safety activity according to ISO 26262 for A123 Low Voltage and/or High Voltage battery projects.
- Act as the primary FuSi interface to both internal and external customers.
- Support customer interface through appropriate means such as conference calls and travel to customer sites
- Collect customer FuSi requirements, evaluate compliance, and note areas of non-conformance and/or opportunities for requirement modifications
- Creating project safety plans and reporting status throughout the project
- Development of technical work products specific to functional safety, e.g. hazard and risk assessment, item definition, functional safety concept, technical safety concept, FTAs, FMEDAs, criticality analyses, other safety analyses, and test coverage analysis for safety requirements.
- Coordinate design team members to resolve functional safety issues
- Proactively manage changes in project scope
- Contribute to process improvement activities
- BSEE and 8+ years of automotive electrical system experience
- Expert knowledge of engineering safety standards, especially ISO 26262
- Expert knowledge of FMEA and FTA methodologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working independently and in a collaborative environment
- Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience with Electric Vehicles and/or battery management systems a plus
- Tier 1 supplier experience a plus
- Experience with the Medini Analyze tool a plus
- Exciting, fast-paced development environment
- Some travelrequired.