In this role:
The Functional Application Engineer is responsible for the day to day operational support of the SAP Manufacturing Execution System (MES) solution at Invivo. The SAP Manufacturing Execution System is an integrated hardware and software solution designed to measure and control activities in the production areas of manufacturing organizations to ensure product and process traceability, increase productivity, reduce costs and improve quality.
You are responsible for:
- Day to day operational support of the local SAP Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and associated processes.
- Reporting to management on the adoption, utilization, and opportunities for improvement of the SAP Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Providing Site leadership in deployment and validation of new patches and/or releases.
- Acting as primary point of contact for Software Validation execution activities, incident management, and change requests
- Updating and distributing SAP Manufacturing Execution System user documentation, training and training material within local Quality Management System (QMS) guidelines.
- Developing and maintaining work instructions, process control procedures and operating procedures.
- Improving existing manufacturing processes and equipment.
You are a part of:
Invivo Corporation, a subsidiary of Philips Healthcare and world leader in MRI coils and related accessories.
Our vision is to deliver clinical solutions to our customers, whether indirectly through Original Equipment Manufacturers of MRI scanners, or directly to clinical MRI users. Our history is grounded in the expert development of MRI coils and more recently in the development of integrated clinical solutions like Functional MRI and the DynaCAD breast imaging system. Research and advanced development are at the core of the future of the MRI field and are a key part of Invivo's strategy for growth.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelors or equivalent experience within the field of Engineering; Preference is given to Mechanical, Industrial, Electronics, Systems, Computer Science or Bio-Medical Engineering degreed professional.
- 3+ years of experience working within a Manufacturing environment within a Regulated industry (Medical Device, DoD or Automotive)
- Project management
- ERP experience, SAPexperience highly desired.
- Manufacturing technologies (automated test equipment and data capturing, production process controls, etc)
- Working knowledge of LabVIEW and Access or data basing
- Able to be successful working under limited supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment.
In return, we offer you
Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.