Job Purpose: Provide functional expertise in establishing an internal control environment in accordance with governing regulations; work with end users to understand requirements and document functional design solutions that are in line with business needs while staying consistent with the application architecture; test customizations and configurations to ensure requirements have been met; assist in training users in the proper way to use the system. Begin coaching and developing Functional Analyst I team members.
Job Duties: Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Document Military Pay and financial management audit rules and procedures to support the implementation of an integrated pay and personnel system;
- Document to-be military pay and personnel, audit, and financial management business processes to address gaps between our PeopleSoft solution and Navy's current business processes;
- Provide support in establishing an internal control environment in accordance with FMFIA, FIAR Guidance, NIST/FISMA, and A-123 and other similar regulations, including drafting / updating organizational wide policies and supporting processes and internal control documentation, testing and corrective actions;
- Analyze user needs to determine functional, cross-functional, technical, and security requirements;
- Contribute to the development, review, and maintenance of contract deliverables and project documentation;
- Communicate effectively both written and verbally with team members, customers, and stakeholders;
- Work with customers, users and project leads in analyzing, designing, implementing and supporting HR, Payroll and PayrollAccounting business applications and systems.
- Serve as primary author of various technical and functional documents and project deliverables (e.g., Functional Designs, Business Process Maps, Test Plans and Scripts, User Training Guides, Functional Requirements, system configuration documents, etc.)
- Develop agendas, status reports, document and distribute meeting minutes, track action items and risks, and facilitate meetings
- Write test plans, create test scripts, execute tests and document test results
- Coordinate user acceptance testing and other user testing efforts by business users
- Perform business process analysis and offer recommendations for customization versus configuration
- Interact with business customers (internal and external) to understand and document their business processes and requirements
- Work with development team to design and implement system modifications
- Effectively contribute to technical discussions
- Develop strong relationships with business users in all HR, Payroll and PayrollAccounting functional areas
- Successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Participate in design planning, reviews, and retrospectives and provide constructive feedback to the team
- Work on cross functional projects with groups such as HR, Payroll, Recruiting, Finance, etc.
- Coaching and developing Functional Analyst I team members
- Begin leading small teams comprised of Functional Analysts, Business Analysts, Testing, and Technical Developers
Skills/Qualifications: Requirements Analysis, Planning, Database Management, Self-Motivated, Presenting Technical Information, Problem Solving, Data Modeling, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Ad Hoc Reporting, Data Maintenance, Exceptional Oral and Written Communication Skills. Additionally, the candidate should have experience in the following:
Education and Experience: This position prefers a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an audit-related field, or equivalent relevant business experience/certification (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA). The successful candidate will have between 2 and 4 years of professional experience. Experience in or work for the U.S. military or Department of Defense is also highly desirable. The ideal candidate will also have experience with the following:
- Internal control practices and regulations, especially experience related to federal or military departments/agencies (e.g. MICP, RMF)
- Preparing risk assessments or risk analysis
- Advisory projects and in engaging management to successfully complete objectives
- Audit requirements for federal information systems
- Interacting with business users directly to collect requirements, create requirements documents, and functional specification documents for system improvements
- Working closely with technical teams to translate functional specifications into technical solutions