The Functional Analyst team within the Arrow Digital Group operates as a project based supporting service for initiatives prioritized by the PMO. Their mission is to build shared understanding on current and future state business operations & systems. The team achieves this by...
- Researching & documenting current state business operations & functional architecture
- Researching & documenting future business & functional requirements
- Taking all inputs provided, making sense of them, and presenting them back in a way that provides clarity on the subject at hand.
- Ensuring all involved understand the Why for their respective aspects of a project.
- Reviewing direction & alignment with project stated goals
- Working with various business and software groups on a project to help them develop their team's own requirements.
- Identifying problems and recommending solutions
- Writing epic level and/or cross-team user stories
- Answering questions about project goals and current or future state operations & systems
- Offering perspective and support during UAT and training before project release
- Experience in eCommerce and web technologies
- Analytical and investigation skills
- Ability to understand the bigger picture & guide teams toward an end goal
- Working knowledge of data and process modelling
- Requirements elicitation and comprehension skills
- Great spoken and written communication skills.
- Ability to guide a team to shared understanding
- Presentation & white-boarding skills
- Interpersonal and managerial skills
- Experience in Agile & Waterfall development methodologies.
- Requires a working knowledge and experience in a BA discipline
- Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
- Solves a range of complex problems
- Works semi-autonomously
- Analyzes possible solutions using provided inputs & historical data
- Receives some level of guidance and direction
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 4 yeardegree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience; or an advanced degree with minimal experience; or equivalent work experience.