Our team of software developers design, test, and continually re-engineer the critical systems that keep our warehouses running full steam and our trucks safely on the road.
Developers work as members of small teams, and employ Agile methodologies to bring about the internal-efficiency and customer-facing innovations that are the reason Labatt has established its unrivaled reputation as a thought-leader in our industry.
Our philosophy of investing in clean code and developing people from within allows us to leverage the most forward-thinking APIs, languages, and practices, to take on the most intellectually challenging yet strategically and intrinsically rewarding projects that our industry faces. Labatt’s developers create and continuously improve all the systems that run the business.
As a Developer at Labatt, you will:
- Iterate on a small team of 3-5 (Lean variant of Agile)
- Test thoroughly (Unit Testing)
- Design clean modular code (Domain Driven Design)
- Get feedback (Mentoring and constructive performance reviews)
- Set deadlines (We avoid waterfall designs, but do aggressively set expectations through timelines and roadmaps)
- Experiment (Lean Startup)
- Learn (We educate through training, a reading canon and through constant dialogue)
- Get challenged (We have a modern stack and pursue a number of intelligent algorithms)
- Serve (The strategic needs of the business and its customers)
The Developers who do best at Labatt must have: the ability to think both strategically and tactically, the discipline to set and hit deadlines, an appetite for hard work and continuous personal improvement, a passion for working and effectively communicating with others, and a commitment to the success of the overall organization. Bachelor's degreerequired.