Build the best web experience.
You are passionate about technology and this digital era. You seek challenges and are not afraid to make mistakes. You work well with others; you listen but also speak your mind. You see solutions instead of obstacles; you get inspired and try to inspire. You believe that change is possible, and you can make it happen.
Sun Life Financial. Our employees account for some 27,000 professionals, with 3,000 in IT alone. We thrive on challenges; we learn from each other and provide a rich environment where people can make their skills grow.
Our clients use technologies to simplify their lives.
Our products span across the insurance and financial worlds. They provide peace of mind to millions, and help many others attain their investment and retirement objectives, letting people worry about what is actually important to them.
Our employee benefits include an annual bonus program, pension plan, stock and savings programs, fitness and wellness benefits, flexible work arrangements, hands-on training and cross-functional project opportunities, education fund and eLearning, and the chance to gain international experience.
Is there a fit? Join us at Sun Life Financials and continue building your future
Position: Full-Stack Web Developer
The Digital Solutions team is looking for a Full-Stack Web Developer with experience designing, developing, and supporting applications and systems. The successful candidate will have strong technical and problem solving skills and will show initiative, be accepting of responsibility and be accountable for results.
- Develop, code, unit test, debug, and implement requests for programs, small projects, and system changes in a web application environment
- Ensure information security standards and requirements are incorporated into all solutions
- Collaborate with Project Managers or Scrum Masters, System Designers, Business System Analysts, Application analysts and Testing Specialists to deliver high quality solutions
- Produce detailed-level designs based on business requirements and defined architectures
- Contribute to defining timelines and project plans; analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time and scope
- Stay current with trends in emerging technologies and how they could apply to Sun Life
Your background and skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience
- Ability to work in English
- Ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders and adapt approach when dealing with technical and non-technical audiences
- Good analytical skills; able to assess alternatives, risks and benefits; attention to detail
- Multi-tasker, customer and results focused
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to align to changing priorities
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline and/or equivalent working experience
- Minimum 3 years of progressive information technology experience in a web application environment with full application development life cycle and systems integration experience
- Application development using JAVA technologies (JAVA, JDBC, J2EE frameworks), Weblogic or equivalent application server, Eclipse IDE, and UNIX environments
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with social media tools and integration (eg. Facebook, blogs and Twitter)
- Knowledge of the financial and insurance industries
- LOMA certification
- Experience with some/several of the following: Microsoft (.Net) development, Computer Associates SiteMinder, Mobile application development experience, HTML5, Open Text Vignette/ WEM, Lotus Connections, SharePoint, Atlassian Confluence, NFC