About Instaread, Inc
Instaread transforms books into 15-minute podcasts. Each podcast gives key insights of a book and with more than 600 books-to-podcasts and new ones added constantly, Instaread is one of the top performing apps on the iOS app store. Our mission is to ?Enrich human lives through voice?.
Instaread, Inc is seeking a Full-Stack Web Developerresponsible for developing and maintaining our primary and internal websites. Collaborating closely with our founders, engineers, and designers, you will have a huge measurable impact on the growth and evolution of Instaread. You will have unlimited opportunities to grow your skills by working in technologies including front end, back end, native mobile and data science. If you are a highly skilled & motivated software engineer ready for a challenging and rewarding startup environment, then we want to talk to you!
- Develop new features and support existing functionality on our websites
- Maintain integrations with third-party providers and internal web services
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with designers to translate UI/UX designs to production web pages
- Manage and deploy the AWS resources involved with the web application through the development, test and production lifecycle.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficiency in Java and J2EE technologies including JSP, JSTL, and EL
- Experience integrating web APIs
- Experience managing a hosted cloud platform with Amazon Web Services or a similar cloud platform provider
- RDMSexperience, preferably PostgreSQL
- Exposure to Android and/or iOS development a plus
- B.S./M.S/Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a technical field
- 5+ years of industry experience in a scalable software environment preferred
- Passion and knack for solving dynamic technological challenges
- Experienceworking with designers values delightful user interaction
- Strong programmer - ability to write clean, effective code
- Rapid prototyping skills
- Ability to learn, think on your feet, adapt quickly to a startup environment
- Proven track record
- Excellent analytical, communication & problem-solving abilities
- GitHub account with highlighted web projects.
- Cover Letter + Resume