Are you a web developer who has ever wondered what life outside the browser could mean? Can you stand-up a highly available Node.js service as a weekend project, but yearn to develop software that an end-user can more directly interact with? If so, then PGi might be the place for you. As a developer at PGi, you will help craft a great user experience utilizing web technologies while at the same time offering users the capabilities of a desktop application.
At PGi, we look for people who align with our core values: Positivity, Responsibility, Humility, Creativity, and Sustainability.
Success in This Role Looks Like:
- 30 Days: A change you made is in production and utilized by tens of thousands of users! You are collaborating with your teammates to learn the tech stack and team processes quickly.
- 60 Days: You are becoming more comfortable with team processes and offering opinions on technical issues based on your experience. You are collaborating with your teammates to learn more about the different components of the product each week.
- 90 Days: You have had exposure to most components of the product & tech stack and are working to develop a more in-depth understanding. You are collaborating with your teammates and taking initiative to tackle new problems.
- Work within the company's software development lifecycle process
- Collaborate in the planning, design and program development for a release
- Present software design issues, questions and suggestions for alternate ways of implementing a feature to the Product Engineering team
- Work with Customer Support to help troubleshoot technical customer problems
- PGi’s Software Engineers have the proven ability to deliver high-quality, reliable code implemented on schedule
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Understanding of software development process
- Professional and effective verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and complete multiple development tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, often-changing environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Good time-management, planning and organization skills
Technical Interests and Experience
- Angular 4+
- Development for multi-browser support
- Peer-to-peer and client/server networking in unreliable, real-world environments
- Abstractions for component reuse
- Application software architecture
- Test automation at all levels, unit, integration, and end-to-end
- Microservice architeture, development, and use
- REST API design, development, and use
- User experience
- Application security
- Server side development experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Flexibility to work outside of business hours as a releaseschedule requires
- 3+ years in software development experience