You will obtain practical work experience in high-traffic mission critical applications, learn about PayPal business, and receive mentorship and training sessions to help you get ready to take up new challenges in your career.
- Work within a mission team (a cross-functional scrum team focused on a specific, well-defined mission) on a given set of features and services in a fast-paced agile environment
- Care deeply about code craftspersonship and quality, bringing an enthusiasm for using the best practices of scalability, accessibility, maintenance, observability, automation testing strategies, and documentation into everyday development
- Good team player, collaborate effectively with other engineers, product managers, user experience designers, architects, and quality engineers across teams in translating product requirements into excellent technical solutions to delight our customers
- Leverage your peers as multipliers for your skills to create excellent products and services for PayPal’s 300+ million users
- Participate in a rotation based on-call schedule to ensure 24x7x365 always available production grade service.
- Interest in user experience design / usability
- BS or equivalent degree in Computer Science required. MS preferred
- BS with 6+ years of Web development experience
- MS with 4+ years of Web development experience
- A solid experience building applications on top of RESTful APIs.
- Solid knowledge of web application frameworks such as React and Redux.
- Solid knowledge of algorithms, design patterns, and componentization approaches.
- Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform, and design constraints on the web.
- Exposure to automated testing concepts (e.g. unit testing, functional testing)
- Understanding of source code control concepts and systems (e.g. Git, Svn)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team structure / Agile environment
- Strong Problem-Solving skills