Do you read a dozen tech blogs and tinker with every new technology that comes out? Do you see problems as challenges – opportunities to simplify and make something better? Do you want to build web-based software that truly helps people every day? And do you want to have fun in downtown Lincoln and learn new skills while doing it? We can give you that opportunity.
Who are we?
We are Nebraska Interactive, NIC’s Nebraska subsidiary. We are a talented team of developers, product owners, scrum masters and support who manage the award-winning Nebraska.gov state portal and build web and mobile applications for our State and local government. Nearly every Nebraskan uses our online tools and services to interact with the state, and we take tremendous pride in simplifying Nebraska government interactions.
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Full Stack Web Developer. A true professional who takes pride in every aspect of their work and is up to any challenge. A forward thinker with an eye for sleek, modern design and the desireto create innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Design and Develop user friendly, fully-responsive and cross browser compatible interfaces for online web applications.
- Work with customers and other staff to help determine project specifications
- Assist in maintenance and enhancement of Nebraska.gov and applications
- Passion for problem solving and creating fluid user experiences.
- Contribute creatively to the growth of the portal
- A full stack web developer
- Experience working with object-oriented languages
- Experience with SQL databases
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Responsive design experience
- In-depth familiarity with development of online applications
- Self-motivated and can learn new skills and programming languages quickly.
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative and creative problem-solving skills
- 2+ years professional experience in web design and development or a bachelor’s degree in related field
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
What will set you apart from other applicants:
- Bootstrap framework experience
- Your ability to stay up to date with coding/design innovations and trends.
- Programming experience with Perl, PHP, Java, and/or Grails is a plus.
- Experience with MVC frameworks
- Your ability to solve problems and troubleshoot code
- Experience working as a member of an Agile team
Ability to multi-task several projects with strict deadlines.
Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and work independently.
Must possess great interpersonal and group communication skills.
Amazing team player and constant learner.
Ability to think outside the box.
Ability to communicate and understand what a client wants in an online application.
Comfortable working in a collaborative, open atmosphere.
Perks and Benefits:
- Free snacks and drinks
- Movie Fridays on last Friday of the month
- Health insurance - you’re completely covered single or family.
- Dental insurance – with premiums fully paid.
- Weekly Social Gatherings with awesome colleagues
- Daily walks in the morning and afternoon
- Competitive compensation
- Vacation and personal time
- Employee Stock purchase plan
- Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Company wellness program that keeps us in shape
- Business casual atmosphere with jeans! Shorts in the summer.
- Paid State holidays in addition to vacation
- Tuition reimbursement – your success is our mission!