This is a senior software developer position, focusing on web development using various technologies, responsible for providing deliverables based on design architectures and specifications provided by customers, marketing requirements and Product Management. The position involves developing and maintaining applications related to Bendix’ end user software products. This position includes development of presentation (GUI), application (functionality) and database layers, as well as maintaining software applications, documenting software applications, testing applications, fixing defects and providing status updates to project leaders.
- Architect, Prototype and Create database and web-based applications that involve coding and integration of text, graphics, sound and video.
- Play integral role in maintaining and designing web applications and user-interface definition and development.
- One of the primary resources for all front-end development, back-end development, user experience design, visual design and server setup and maintenance.
- Mentor and Lead other members of the Development Team
- Hold responsibility for database architecture, expandability and security and create/maintain all relevant documentation
- Maintain Source Code Repositories, Web servers, and code movement between Dev, Test, Staging and Production environments
- Generate & evaluate Product Change Requests, test requests as necessary.
- Define release test requirements and environments.
- Investigate problems, identify optimal solutions and make preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Interface with Product management and sales team in identifying enhancements and solving customer issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Programming, Computer Science, MIS, etc)
- 10+ years’ experience in Web development and developing real-time systems
- 5+ years developing high transactional SaaS Products
- Expert in SaaS processes and methods
- 10+ years’ experience with
- .NET 4.0 framework and above
- Developing web-based C# and aspx applications
- Database Development (including Microsoft SQL databases 2012 and 2016, standard and Enterprise SQL Development)
- 5+ years in a senior/lead role with project management and architectural leadership responsibility
- In depth experience with video infrastructure and delivery (adaptive streaming, encoding, etc)
- Expert with Microsoft Visual Studio IDE 2015 and 2017
- Expert in the following areas:
- Database access methods
- Logins and security methods for databases and servers
- Microsoft servers and Linux platforms
- Mapping APIs (i.e. google, Microsoft)
- Encryption methodologies
- Possess deep knowledge and experience of web application architecture. Candidate must be able to show portfolio of web-based product development experience
- High level understanding of network communication protocols
- Experience with software profiling and optimization tools
- Possess deep knowledge of database architecture, Stored Procedures, Data Application Layers, Data Mining Tools
- Expert with SW release processes
- Expert with web services
- Expert understanding of SDLC including Quality/Testing Methodologies and Disaster Recovery
- Previous experience acting as a Software Architect a plus.
- Experience in design and analysis, project planning, team leadership, including status reporting, task management, design documentation etc.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate by phone/email/IM or in person.
- Show initiative and work independently and/or with team members to resolve problems.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion; Ability to work on several simultaneous projects, reacting constructively to new and changing business and technology requirements and deliverables
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines
- Ability and experience working in an Agile development environment
- High level of self-motivation, productivity and attention to detail; be well-organized; have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, multi-tasking, skills
- Attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and creativity in problem-solving
- Ability to work in a team and to communicate in a clear way to provide training to internal and external customers
- Bachelor’s Business Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science required; a master degree is preferred.
Position Requirements: The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- Telework policy
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Company-Paid Benefits:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan