We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Web Developer that has demonstrated effective team and interpersonal communication skills. You will work with minimal direction, pay strict attention to detail and quality, and able to deal with ambiguous requirements by meeting with business partners to drill down on specific deliverables required. You will manage work to deadlines while remaining flexible to changes. It is imperative that you understand the challenges of our business and are able apply accurate technology solutions for those challenges.
The primary responsibilities of the Full Stack Web Developer are to develop and provide ongoing support for both internal and external facing American Century Investments websites and applications. You will be responsible for both front-end user interface and back-end service development.
- Design, code, test, and implement quality solutions for our website that improve the client experience
- Solve and provide technical support and maintenance of our applications and vendor solutions
- Work as part of a scrum team with a commitment to sprint goals and team improvement
- Build quality into products via test automation and secure coding practices
- Conduct peer code reviews with a commitment to coding standards, quality, and team improvement
- Keep abreast on technology trends and make recommendations to team
- Build team consensus and lead adoption around new technology, standards, and process.
- Collaborate with others to continuously improve and gain efficiencies in the deployment pipeline.
- Communicate effectively and offer guidance and training when appropriate to teammates and business partners
- Prepare and share documentation and knowledge as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, finance or business or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 6+ years of Java programming experience
- Experience with front-end web development and design including HTML and CSS
- Proficient in API design and development in the Spring Boot Framework
- Skilled in troubleshooting and problem resolution for web applications
- Experience writing SQL for an OLTP database such as PostgreSQL, DB2, or Oracle
- Resilient attitude to quickly learn from failures and move on to alternate solutions
- Adept in Agile principles and working in scrum teams
- Financial systems background
- Experience developing APIs with MuleSoft
- Experience developing responsive websites and familiar with ADA compliance
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), component development and administration
- Experience using Docker, Kubernetes, or similar container orchestration tools
- Candidate must be willing to provide on-call support outside of business hours.