Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a Lead UI Engineer to join Chubb. This role will be 60% hands on development with 40% Team Lead responsibilities. This individual will be overseeing a mid size team of developers. You will be required to bring the team together to drive front-end development standards and work to continually enhance the customer facing aspects. You will also get the opportunity to lead and influence technical directions in a collaborative way.
The development team uses Agile methodologies where all roles collaborate with one another to complete each story. This means communication,interpersonal, and leadership skills are a must for this position. The ideal candidate will also have a combination of technical skills with new and old UI technologies.
* Lead development of features with cross-functional teams.
* Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
* Work with other senior developers to review stories and specifications and ensure that teams are meeting the objectives of the business while maintaining technical and architectural standards.
* Collaborate with Architects and other Developers in designing and implementing integrated, enterprise solutions.
* Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science.
* Mastery of cross-browser, cross-platform markup and layout (HTML, CSS).
* Experience with multiple client-side frameworks and libraries such as Angular.js, React, and so on.
* Experience with server side technologies like Node.js, JSP, Java, and Java Servlets.
* Experience in implementing responsive design techniques.
* Experience with Continuous Integration and automated testing strategies.
* Insurance experience is a plus.
Jersey City 07302
- Feb 21, 2019, 11:18:30 AM