We're looking for a tech lead who loves to lead projects and can do so with kindness and tenacity while offering servant leadership, the means to follow a process, and a desire to embrace a little bit of whimsy.
We’re a busy agency with many projects running at the same time for our customers so you need to enjoy context switching.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Must love to write, review, and execute on the architect's ideas
- Must understand the bulk of the modern open-source tech stack and how to operationalize the use of it across many projects, using technologies such as React, Angular, Docker, MongoDB, PHP, and Node.
- Must know cold how to practice Agile and scrum in order to support the project manager and cross-discipline delivery teams
- Must be experienced enough to gather requirements and listen to feedback and craft an informed solution vs just doing what you’re told
- Must know how to assist with writing and managing user stories so that work can be assigned to other engineering team members
- Must know the entire SDLC and know how to plan a release schedule with time allocated for tasks such as code reviews, merges, deployments, container management, build script evolution, bug fixes, acts of e-nature, etc.
- Must have a working knowledge of modern application delivery pipelines such as AWS or Azure architecture, continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD), etc.
- Must know how to speak with clients in order to assist with: educating them; explaining scope management; gathering requirements; managing risk
- Must understand how to be servant and service oriented to all teams which include engineering, research, content, experience, design, quality assurance, project management, and our customers
- Should be able to support the sales discipline when necessary for their project
- Should be able to provide thought leadership and support for all engineering processes such as continuous integration, repo workflow, build scripts, quality control practices, architectural solutioning
- Should have agency experience
- Could have basic .Net experience
- Could have mobile experience