**THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TS/SCI WITH POLY CLEARANCE**
BI&A is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join their top-tier team.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Back-End Software Development (70%)
- Web / Dashboard Development (30%)
- Design, Architect, and Develop COTS dashboards
- Knowledge of COTS/Business Intelligence products (Splunk, QlikSense/View, Tableau)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 15 years SW development/engineering, including requirements analysis, SW development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. Must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to senior/mid-level/ junior programmer/analysts, as required. A Bachelor’s Degree in a related Technical Field may be substituted for four (4) years’ experience. A Master’s Degree in a Technical field will be considered equivalent to an additional 2 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of the following:
- Linux cgroups
- Web/Dashboard development
- Java SE 5+, Java EE (Servlets, JSP)
- REST/Web architecture
- HTTP specification (methods, headers, response codes)
- Fluency in at least one scripting/coding language such as Ruby, Shell, Python, or Java.
- Basic understand of ETL with an ability to write COTS LOAD scripts, write file processors, and validatedataSQL, relational DB, PKI security service, JIRA
- ETL frameworks such as NiagraFiles
- Must be willing to learn Splunk development and query language.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience. Master’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to an additional two (2) years’ experience.
- Experience writing software for configuration management systems (Puppet, Rancher, Salt, Docker, Chef) in a production environment.
- Experience desired configuring and/or utilizing monitoring/logging solutions for operations such as an ELK Stack, Splunk, or Qlik --must be willing to learn Splunk development and query language.
Job ID 4392