Job ID 562752BR
We're looking for someone to join our Information Services team at Walt Disney Animation Studios. Are you interested in helping build internal tools for a world-renowned film studio? Then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Disney Animation. To help share a bit more about life at Animation, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like here. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
Walt Disney Animation Studios (WDAS) combines the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world. Within WDAS Technology, the Information Services team strives to design and develop solutions to optimize our internal business processes (eg HR, Analytics, Finance, and Production Management).
An Information Services (IS) Engineer at WDAS will be assigned to a variety of projects that will require them to work closely with our stakeholders to understand their workflows/requirements and to implement a solution specced out in an agreed upon technical design. The IS team focuses primarily on full stack web technologies, but we strive for the best long-term solution regardless of the technology.
- Rely on a strong generalist software development background to adapt and work with agility in new, foreign environments, while finding areas to develop deeper expertise
- Continuously evolve and learn how to improve one's craft and a willingness to share relevant findings with the team
- Actively participates in team discussions and challenges the status quo when appropriate
- Ability to gain basic understanding of stakeholder workflows and requirements
- Deliver detailed updates and statuses on specific bugs, features, or tasks within a project.
- Helps set the estimated duration and priority of tasks within the assigned project
- Versatility, adaptability, risk-taking and a self-starter personality
- A track record of building consensus and the ability to use healthy debate to resolve differences
- Experience with developing for and deploying in cloud-native infrastructure like Heroku, AWS, or Google App Engine
- Experience building user interfaces using React or Vue.js libraries
- Experience building/supporting scalable services on relational or NoSQL DBs (eg PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Experience with securing web applications and services with modern authentication and authorization principles such as SSO and OAuth 2.0
- Experience building a data pipeline using a cloud platform like AWS/Google/Azure
- Experience with analytic tools like Tableau, R Studio, or AWS Athena
- A Bachelor’s degree in software engineering/computer science, or equivalent years of experience
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.