Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
The Distribution and Marketing Services team at T. Rowe Price is playing a key role in helping build the future of financial services, working hand-in-hand with business partners to create client experiences that change the way people invest. As a result, we are expanding our technology teams to bring on smart, talented people to help us grow to meet the needs of our business and to continually modernize our platforms.
The Global DigitalTechnology team is looking for a talented senior software engineer to join our team in building a suite of next-generation n-tier, native cloud enabled applications. In this role, you will help engineer and develop new capabilities using modern web/cloud technologies used by our Portfolio Managers and Marketing Specialists, resulting in best-in-class digitalexperiences for our global customers
He/She will work within our fast-paced, digital team delivering cutting-edge solutions across our digital properties, applications, and underlying technology stacks. She or He is experienced in full-stack digital development, related toolsets and architectures, and uses technical expertise and advanced business skills to take a significant, and often leading, role in design, develop and implementation of digital solutions for difficult business problems. She or He:
- Is a proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous integration, code review or pairing, and related approaches.
- Understands and communicates how technology impacts the business and supports the business through definition and prototyping of ideas.
- Has excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills; demonstrated ability to employ fact-based decision-making to resolve complex problems by applying logic analysis, experience and business knowledge
- Demonstrates a passion for technology and staying sharp in your craft by keeping on top of new technologies, tools and trends
- Acts as primary developer, possibly leading other more junior developers, in the delivery of multiple components or specific deliverables of one or more projects concurrently, with infrequent support. Develops cost and benefit estimates for all aspects of delivery of individual work packages, including supporting the ideation and solutioning of alternative considerations leading to recommendations for new systems or equipment installations or change to existing ones. Assists in the development of work plans, task sequencing, and the extent to which tasks may be performed concurrently. Delivers regular and accurate updates and status reports as required by the project manager. In larger teams may mentor less experienced technical staff including otherProgrammer Analysts and Information TechnologyAssociates.
- Interacts regularly with associates of all levels up to and including mid-management to gather and analyze business requirements and interpret business needs and issues in order to design and / or evaluate technical solutions that solve complex technical and/or business issues, with infrequent support from Digital Systems Consultants.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills and is strong of all stages of design, development and testing, to make technical and non-technical material understandable to technical and business units with infrequent support from the Digital Systems Consultant and/or Project Manager. Evaluates project documentation including formal proposals, feasibility studies, schedules, requirements studies, design documents, use cases, system test cases and testing plans according to appropriate system development lifecycle methodologies. Makes frequent presentations to internal customers, Technology management and associates. Plans and conducts meetings including: estimation reviews, application development sessions, fit-gap analysis sessions, design reviews, documentation review meetings, etc.
- Provides ongoing support for the system after launch, (L2 / L3 support once handover to the enterprise support teams is complete). This includes taking responsibility for the resolution of moderate to highly complex on-call issues, monitoring the system, and communicating with vendors regarding problems, to ensure the system is functioning. Diagnoses, isolates, and de-bugs issue(s) and performs problem resolution. Documents resolutions appropriately.
- Learns other development languages and stays informed of recent programming/technology topics to keep up to date and ensure their ability to work on a variety of projects.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science / software engineering (or equivalent) with a minimum of 4 years relevant industry experience.
- Proficient in SQL and Relational Database Concepts and Design
- Adaptable and able to learn quickly
- Demonstrated extensive experienceapplying technical standards and change control policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical knowledge to multiple systems and support multiple business groups
- Demonstrated advanced ability to translate functional business requirements into complex technical solutions
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively work with people in the team, other IT departments and/or outside of the enterprise
- Ability to design moderate to highly complex technical solutions
- Ability to participate in off-hour implementations
- Some experience of Agile or incremental development
Experience in any of the following technologies would be highly desirable:
- CI/CD & Build Automation: Gradle, Groovy language, Cloudbees Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory.
- Source Control: Git, GitHub.
- Cloud-related Technologies: AWS Services Stack, Docker, Hashicorp tool suite – Vagrant, Terraform, Vault, etc.
- Developer tools: IntelliJ, Eclipse.
- Frameworks & APIs: Spring Framework (especially Spring MVC and Spring Data), JPA, AngularJS, ReactJS, NodeJS, Vue.js, SASS.
- Content Management: Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Alfresco / CMIS.
- Testing Tools & Frameworks: Junit, Mockito, Selenium, Karma, Gerkin, Cucumber
- Databases: Amazon Aurora, Amazon DynamoDB, MongoDB.
- Experience integrating new applications into an existing environment
- Experience mentoring less experienced technical staff
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer