THE COMPANY: Bloom Coffee
Bloom is a well-funded startup in Los Angeles made up of coffee enthusiasts & industry leaders, partnered with an industry veteran, unrestrained by legacy framework.
Founded by prior leaders at Main Street Capital & SpaceX, Bloom Coffee is a marketplace application helping consumers discover small, independent coffee shops through its intuitive features and predictive machine learning elements.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Full Stack Engineer
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer who will be responsible for building, testing, deploying, and scaling the suite of backend microservices/APIs and front end services.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
· Build, test, deploy, and scale our suite of backend microservices and databases with a large focus on our algorithmically bolstered order management system & frontend services (mobile & web clients)
· Design a backend system architecture conducive to scaling and performance
· Closely collaborate with other engineers to create highly operable and maintainable products
· Design efficient security mechanisms throughout the backend stack and own the secure handling of user data
· Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
· Provide end-user support to engineering for products
· Deduce and fix bugs in a timely manner
· Design thorough integrations and unit tests for backend suite
· Plan and adhere to roadmaps
· Find efficient solutions to user problems/potential areas of improvement
· Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE: QUALIFICATIONS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
· Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in computer science OR related field of study
· 2+ years' experience in software development (entry to mid-level opportunity)
· Experience building APIs and front-end services, preferably mobile clients build with React Native and APIs using Spring Boot
· Strong object-oriented and/or functional programming skills
· Experience developing across a full stack: web server, relational database, and client-side/front-end Ability to demonstrate excellence in leveraging data structures and algorithms
· Experience developing monitoring for high availability production systems
· Proven ability to design/architect and implement robust and scalable production systems
· Ability to juggle multiple frontend and backend projects