Thompson Technologies is seeking Full Stack Ruby Engineers (4 openings!) for a direct hire opportunity in Atlanta, GA. This is a great time to get into a rapidly growing technology company that is growing tremendously in the coming years. In this role, you will be given the chance to jump start your career, or even continue to grow as a Software Engineer.
Some of the tech stack you can expect to work with:
- Ruby on Rails API and an AngularJS single page front-end application.
- Some Elixir, ReactJS and Redux. Heavy into ActiveModel Serializers, Sidekiq, Factory Girls, RSpec, Capybara, and UI Router.
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment. New code goes live dozens of times a day.
- Testing is important!
- Currently using AWS Services namely: VPC, EC2, S3, RDS (postgres), Route53, IAM, CloudWatch, Elasticache, Elasticsearch Service, OpsWorks and CloudFormation. You absolutely do not need to know everything about them.
- Service-oriented architecture - have a single client-facing platform supported by around 9 other services, an internal API to connect them, and an external API for partners.
- Must have 8 years of programming experience, with a strong background working with Ruby on Rails.
Some of the reasons you might want to work with our client:
- Great environment for someone that values autonomy and takes ownership of work.
- Enjoys working in a constructive peer review environment.
- Value the prioritization of customer experience above all else.
- You can choose to grow in either technology or management tracks. Our client has a technology track!
- If you like pair programming, you will have that opportunity here.
- Competitive comp and benefits.
- Work with an established product and team.