Canary Technologies is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer. Please do consider the responsibilities outlined below as the floor, not the ceiling for this position. At a fast-growing startup, there’s always more to do and ways to expand your impact on the Company.
On a day to day basis, you'll collaborate with a team of engineers and managers to create web-based applications used by our hotel customers around the world. You will take part in regular code reviews, design and implement various components, participate in product meetings. You will be building new applications from scratch, as well as supporting and improving existing ones.
Being one of our early hires, your work will have a direct impact on product architecture, customer satisfaction, and company success.
- Write clean, self-documenting code that follows best practices and design patterns
- Collaborate with business users, managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems
- Provide creative ideas to improve our product and technology
- Think beyond the specifics of a ticket in order to delight customers or grow the business
- Be a self-starter that can, at times, take initiative and execute on projects with little direction
Experience & Skills Required
- Expert in Python with knowledge on at least one industry standard framework like Django, Flask, etc.
- Experience with If you love React and only want to use React, please do not apply]
- Solid knowledge of standard web technology
- Being able to balance velocity and technical debt
- Drive for continuous personal and organizational improvement
- Self-motivated, collaborative, and diligent work ethic
- Experience using cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with Docker.
- Database design skills.