Prominent Edge is seeking highly talented and passionate Software Engineers to join our world-class software development team. We are a 100% remote company, so successful candidates must be highly self-motivated and capable of working independently.
As a 100% remote company, Prominent Edge employs the best talent across the country. We leverage leading-edge, open source technologies to provide our customers with innovative and cost-effective solutions that provide significant operational value, always striving to exceed expectations. Our highly collaborative culture provides our employees with the opportunity to perform challenging work on rewarding projects. If this sounds like the type of environment in which you would thrive, and you qualify for the position below, please apply -- we’d love to hear from you!
- Full-Stack Software Engineer, experienced with working in an Agile development environment
- Backend development skills using server-side frameworks, such as NodeJS/Express, Flask, Django, or Spring
- Database skills (e.g., Elasticsearch, Postgres/PostGIS, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Highly self-motivated and results-oriented team player
- Unwavering integrity and commitment to excellence
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
Additional Skills (“Nice to Have”)
- Open source geospatial technologies, such as MapboxGL, GeoServer, etc.
- Data visualization using technologies such as D3, Kibana, etc
- Containerization and container orchestration, preferably using Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud computing, especially using AWS services such as S3, RDS, SQS, EMR, or Kinesis
- Serverless computing, preferably using AWS Lambda and Serverless Framework
- DevOps and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), using technologies such as Jenkins or AWS CodeBuild
- 3D game engine or 3D web experience, using technologies such as CesiumJS, WebGL, Unity, or Unreal
- Advanced technologies (machine learning, computer vision, image processing, data mining, data analytics), using tools such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or Apache Spark
- Scrum Master
- Active (or ability to obtain) Security Clearance
- Advanced degree (MS or MBA)
- Six weeks paid time off per year
- Six percent 401(k) matching, vested immediately
- Company-paid low-deductible healthcare for the entire family
- Straight-time overtime pay for all employees
- Flex time (i.e., adjust your hours to fit your schedule)
- Paid training, courses, and conferences
- Laptop upgrades
- Work from the comfort of your own home!